Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Bunk



Detective William "Bunk" Moreland from HBO's The Wire. Bunk is a cigar chomping homicide detective for the Baltimore Police Department and one of the best. He's real police doing real policework.

My friend's having a birthday party later today and she's a bit of a Wire junkie, so I'm gonna try and print one out for her. I told her I had an idea to draw the whole cast as animated characters and here's a pass at Bunk. I will probably draw him once again with a more streamlined "animated" style to it and then on to the rest of the cast. Keep your eyes peeled and please, keep the devil way down in the hole.

--B

2 comments:

Ryan Burns said...

Did you ever do more characters from The Wire? I love your Bunk.

Brendan Tobin said...

Ryan,

Thank you for your kind words. I have sketched out a McNulty, Bubs & Omar but never posted. I would like to revisit the Wire as a drawing project when I get some time. So be on the look out!

--B