Monday, November 28, 2011

A Shark Eatin' People


Sunday afternoon at my sister's house:
Uncle B: "Hey, Oliver.  What should I draw?"  
Oliver: "I don't want to hang out with you."
Uncle B: "You don't want to hang out with me?  Okay.  Anyway, what should I draw?"
Oliver: "A shark looking at some people and he's eating people."
Uncle B: "A shark... eating people?  That's a little... dark."
Oliver: "Yeah.  The shark just has to get out of there and he has to eat through people."
Uncle B: "Okay.  A shark eating people."
Oliver: "Yeah.  A shark eating people."
Oliver leaves the room to watch Open Season 3.  A half hour or so passes, Uncle Q and  Sam The Girl arrive.  Oliver comes back for dinner and spies the crayon drawing.
Oliver: "Hey!  That's not what I asked you to draw!"
Uncle B: "Yeah, it is.  What did you ask me to draw?"
Oliver: "A shark eating people!"
Uncle B: "That's what I drew.  Ask Uncle Q."
Oliver brings drawing to Uncle Q.
Uncle Q: "Hey, it's a shark eating people!  Hahaha!"
Even though my little art director wasn't that enthused by the completion of our collaboration, I hope O-man gives me another chance and works with me again.

--B

3 comments:

Mr.Mr. said...

So he didn't pay you, huh?

Brendan Tobin said...

Nope. Reminds me of every other place I've worked for. Maybe he'll pay me in 6-9 months, but I doubt it...

--B

GOGOPEDRO said...

GOOD STUFF MAN, Art Directors can be rough, even when they're young.

Keep on keepin' on.
P