Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Flyers



This is a flyer I created for my good friend Mark, who is a bartender and manager at The Abbey, my local watering hole here in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He showed Film Noir movies for a few months every Sunday and asked if I could create flyers for them. I had a few ideas and this is the one he went with. Currently, I have a few "hard-boiled" books to read by Raymond Chandler, Dashiel Hammett, and the like and hope they will inspire some future gritty, crime drawings. Time will tell.



Another flyer, this one for the Lyric Lounge, a sister bar to the Abbey, in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. I don't remember if this was just a Halloween party or their "Door Closing" gala. The place is probably a highrise condo building now. The font was inspired by the Creepshow logo, which is pretty cool. And, of course, my man Frankie representing the reason for the season.

--B

No comments: